Do You Want to be a Pattern Tester?
I’m excited to announce that I have a pattern ready to be tested, and another 3 that will be ready in the next month or so. If you’re interested in being a pattern tester, please read the following, and then fill out the form at the bottom of the page.
Who Should Apply?
Quilters of all levels of experience are welcome! My quilts are made up of pieced blocks, with a focus on using precut fabric. My usual target audience is advanced beginner – intermediate quilters, but I’d love input and constructive criticism from all sorts of quilters.
How Does it Work?
When a new pattern is ready to be tested, I will send an email to the mailing list stating the timeline in which the quilt needs to be completed, a picture of the quilt to be tested, the skill level of the pattern, the fabric & tool requirements, as well as the sign-up window and any other important details. Once the sign-up window is closed, pattern testers will be selected at random from the list of those that respond to the email, and will receive the pattern for free. If you don’t get selected, don’t worry! There will be many other patterns that need testing.
What Are My Expectations?
- I want you to provide honest feedback as you work through the pattern. If you find that something is confusing, doesn’t read well, contains grammatical errors, find the pictures or diagrams difficult to understand, I’d love to know! That kind of feedback allows me to improve my patterns, which will make my customers happier.
- The quilt needs to be completed within the time frame supplied in the email. (The top, anyway) That being said, I understand that we’re all busy and that life happens. If you know you’re going to miss the deadline, let me know! Nothing horrible will happen 🙂 I’ll take any notes you do have, and I’ll leave you on the list for future opportunities. This is one of the reasons there will be multiple testers for each pattern 🙂
- Once the quilt is completed a quality picture needs to be provided with your final pattern feedback. This picture may be used on the website or in the pattern. (I will ask your permission first)
What do you get?
- Pattern testers will receive a free draft version of the pattern in a PDF, and those that complete it within the deadline and supply their pictures will receive a completed, released version of the pattern for free.
- Your quilt picture may be featured either in the pattern itself or on the pattern page of the website (again, I will consult with you first).
Interested? Sign Up Here!